Old 06-15-21, 09:07 PM
sysrq

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 174 Post(s)
Liked 14 Times in 12 Posts
Originally Posted by PeteHski
"These aren't the droids covers you're looking for"

But seriously I think you are going about this problem the wrong way. You would be better off doing some research on different saddle types and maybe find a shop that has demos available. Specialized are quite good in this respect and have a fit system to help you choose the right saddle for your butt. Aftermarket covers are certainly not the answer to a comfortable saddle. There's always a degree of trial and error involved, but padding is not really the key to saddle comfort. Shape and position are the primary factors and only a modest amount of padding should be required. Too much padding can actually make a saddle unbearable to ride for any distance.
I already tried out different saddles, the Lepper Concorde felt the most similar to the one I was used to before, just had to cut out the central slit and soak it in a hot water and apply things like Dubbin to keep it soft. As I understand Specialized are mainly intended for racing and weekend warrior applications.
The key is what kind of padding depending on specific requirements. The air cell cushion one is supposed to even out/spread the pressure points while not creating pressure in undesirable anatomical areas.
Now after riding riding the one from Amazon for 8 hours there was only slight overall discomfort at the last 3 miles of riding. Previously was unable to sit on chairs for 3 days after riding. Whereas now was able to sit immediately without any pain at all.

Last edited by sysrq; 06-15-21 at 09:26 PM.