Old 01-27-23, 12:12 AM
Brad L 

Bikes: Several

Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 207 Post(s)
Liked 1,042 Times in 322 Posts
Vintage Bike Tour in Texas

On March 18, 2023, Texas VeloVintage and I will be leading a tour of the Painted Churches around Schulenburg, TX. This tour will take us to four of the famous Painted Churches built by Czech and German immigrants between 1892 and 1919, all while riding through the beautiful rolling countryside. Unassuming on the approach, the interiors are a feast for the eyes. We'll also be crossing the Piano Bridge (built in 1885) on our route.

While the churches are usually open to the public on Saturdays, there's no guarantee that we'll be allowed inside. Weddings or other special events commonly reserve the churches in the spring.

The route is approximately 48 miles with about 2,200 feet of elevation gain. Moderately hilly by Houston standards, and moderately flat by Austin's. There's nothing a vintage drivetrain can't handle.

This will be a semi-supported tour. We'll have a sag driver, but bring extra water, your favorite sports drinks, food, etc. and we'll load it all into the sag vehicle.

We'll start at 9am from the parking lot nearest the railroad tracks at the corner of N. Main St. and S. Upton Ave. in Schulenburg. Let me know if there's interest. I hope to see you there.

Last edited by Brad L; 01-27-23 at 12:28 AM.