Old 05-16-23, 08:29 AM
jon c. 

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1592 Post(s)
Liked 1,021 Times in 573 Posts
Originally Posted by livedarklions
Sorry, but I really think you're in "we should discuss NASA's plans for asteroid defense here because there's a nonzero chance that I could get hit by a meteorite while riding" territory.

No one here is competent to answer the basic questions you raise on this forum and I would suggest it makes a lot of sense to tell people to look elsewhere for answers rather than opening this forum for debates on the entire planet's agricultural system and other big proposals people have been trying to smuggle in here.
I didn't start this thread and I'm not looking to smuggle anything anywhere. And I would certainly agree that no one here is competent to answer the questions raised.

What we have here is a politically powerful industry that produces vast quantities of really filthy waste. They've been looking for ways to get rid of that waste for decades. So now they want to stick it into paving materials. They say it will be well dispersed so there's no worry. Trust us.

I'm honestly just puzzled as to how such a scheme can be readily dismissed as being of no concern to the people who use those roadways. Y'all have a lot more faith in these folks than I do. I'm not spending my days worrying about it, but I wouldn't readily accept anything the phosphate industry puts forth. I'm surprised anyone would.
Likes For jon c.: