Old 08-02-22, 09:58 PM
zandoval 

Bikes: Univega, Peu P6, Peu PR-10, Ted Williams, Peu UO-8, Peu UO-18 Mixte, Peu Dolomites

Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 928 Post(s)
Liked 1,594 Times in 1,020 Posts
I have suffered with Low Back Pain for years and years but mine is associated with true bony and soft tissue injuries. It appears your studies are negative, but that does not mean you are not injured! I have had many patients that were in real pain and I could not find a specific precipitating source of the injury. One thing that my patients have always appreciated is that I never stop looking. I have had great success with the use of Epidural Steroid injections combined with Osteopathic manipulation. Finding a DO that still does manipulation can be very hard now days so often I would send my patients to a chiropractor after near epidural steroid injections. True epidural steroid injections are now done with Sonogram Guidance by MDs and DOs only and I am an old PA-C.

Check your supplements: Low dose NSAIDs twice a day (for effect not pain), Glucosamine/Chondroitin (for joints), Omega3s (for soft tissues), Calcium (for bones), Magnesium (for muscles), Zinc (for recovery), Famatodine (H2 Blocker), Allegra (H1 Blocker). Each one of these can bring you a little more relief and homeostasis.

Piriformis Syndrome is a real bugger and sneaky sneaky. And another one of those injuries that has little physical evidence other than pain.

For your bike try not only getting a wide seat but lowering it about 1/2" and also raise or tilt your bars about an 1".

Stretching goes without saying but I have had many true athletes profess that thier masseuse worked out the most effective stretching routine for them. Not everyone is the same.

Don't forget Othotics. Back support or weight belt, Compression stockings or Leggings, and the all holy "MASSAGE CHAIR".

Remember that the pain we feel today may not have anything to do with what we did today but rather what we have done one or two days ago...