Old 01-03-23, 09:18 AM
MattTheHat 

Bikes: 2021 S-Works Turbo Creo SL, 2020 Specialized Roubaix Expert

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 762 Post(s)
Liked 4,022 Times in 1,425 Posts
Originally Posted by giffenf
Strava says I did 2,764 miles last year, which is 230.3 miles per month. I'm going try to outdo that every month, starting with this one, goal is 250 miles. I would've had a great start to it today, but 11 miles in to what was supposed to be a metric century, my chain dropped, somehow managed to get tangled in the derailleur (and break it), then just for good measure, break a spoke, which pushed its nipple through the rim tape and flatten the (tubeless) tire. Bonus: the chain got seriously jammed between the crank and the chainring (I managed to extricate it, but my near-pristine Aethos is well-scratched now). I learned that a replacement SRAM Force AXS eTap rear derailleur is just north of $300 (on sale), and I need a new derailleur hanger (another $17.50), and it was time for a new chain ($37), plus $27 to replace the spoke and true the wheel. Happy freakin' New Year. I did learn that re-mounting a tubeless tire is much, much messier when there's already sealant in the tire. On the positive side, my driveway will likely never leak. On the more positive side, my new gravel bike is supposed to arrive tomorrow, so I may not be too sad about my Aethos' being out of commission for a few days. On the negative side, it's supposed to rain tomorrow.

1/2 - 11.1 miles

MTD 11.1
Monthy Goal: 250 miles
That does not look fun.