Old 01-15-23, 07:06 AM
TheSilverFox

Bikes: Schwinn Circuit, GT Avalanche, Trek Domane, Specialized Aethos

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 10 Post(s)
Liked 38 Times in 15 Posts
Originally Posted by giffenf
My Aethos is quite honestly the best bike I’ve ever ridden. I suppose I can’t be unbiased, but really, I’ve never ridden a bike that wants to go as fast as that one does, while at the same time making me want to just ride all day.. It’s white and I nicknamed it White Lightning. It’s a custom build (for somebody else) on a (non-S-Works, i.e., “regular Specialized”) Aethos Pro frame, with the SRAM AXS Force groupset and Boyd Altamont Lite wheelset. I bought it used from The Pro’s Closet, and even used, it was just shy of 9 kilobucks, so yeah, tweren’t cheap, but I don’t have all that many years left to ride, so I thought I’d get myself a nice bike to do it with (I later applied that same logic and that I needed a top-notch mountain bike, then a top-notch gravel bike; I think I’m done now). No regrets whatsoever, and even when I took it into a Specialized dealer recently, they had to look closely before figuring out it was a Specialized, I guess they’re used to seeing the giant logos on the down tube. I don’t think you’d go wrong with one of your own.
Thanks for the info, that’s a pretty great review. Congrats on the newly acquired bikes. I justify my nonsense to the wife explaining these are medical devices allowing me to age gracefully to old age with her. Did a test ride the Aethos right after Christmas and loved the ride, it helped that guy at the shop had the exact same bike and was gushing about it. Have been looking at it on Specialized website everyday since. Using your logic of not getting any younger I said screw it and just ordered it this morning! Should be ready for pickup in a week or so. Can’t wait to tell the wife of our good fortune.
Likes For TheSilverFox: