View Single Post
Old 11-26-21, 07:47 AM
gthomson

Bikes: 2013 Cannondale Caad 8, 2010 Opus Fidelio, 1985 Peugeot UO14, 1999 Peugeot Dune, Sakai Select, L'Avantage, 1971 Gitane Apache Standard, 1999 Specialized Hard Rock

Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 548 Post(s)
Liked 473 Times in 302 Posts
Originally Posted by MinnMan
Today climbing alpe du zwift a guy flew by me supposedly holding a steady 33.3 W/kg. I don't suppose his trainer was broken also? I kind of think there's a different explanation in his case.
It's possible now that I've lived it that some people don't care that it's not legit Zwifting if you ride like that but maybe they don't care, so long as they always win? Or they just don't have resistance on the trainer?

When I originally started Zwifting I had a dummy trainer and cadence and speed sensor on my bike so I could at least connect to Zwift but I don't remember my numbers being inflated like that? In fact, they were always lower and it wasn't until I got the smart trainer that I could even compete in a race or group ride.

I guess it's the pairing that is skewing the numbers and Zwift can't tell that I'm no longer subject to any resistance so the power is greatly exaggerated.