Old 12-02-21, 11:05 AM
79pmooney

Bikes: (2) ti TiCycles, 2007 w/ triple and 2011 fixed, 1979 Peter Mooney, ~1983 Trek 420 now fixed and ~1973 Raleigh Carlton Competition gravel grinder

Mentioned: 128 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4743 Post(s)
Liked 3,860 Times in 2,509 Posts
Originally Posted by Kilroy1988
Well, I started this thread discussing frames with Nervex Professional lugs, and although that feature still alludes my collection I have actually been on the lookout for a special British frame suitable for time trialing c. 1950, as I've been slowly collecting all of the right parts for such a build for roughly two years already... This isn't "attainable" like any ol' frame with Nervex Pro lugs, but it fits the spirit of where many of you headed with your posts! I'm just now finishing up the transaction to purchase this fine 1952 Claud Butler Olympic Sprint with road/path features (fender eyelets and drilled rear brake bridge) with lovely bilaminate lugs that became standard on the model that very year. Looking forward to putting together what will be my first period fixed gear build! I love riding fixed but have only had more modern commuters or weird conversions I've done in the past.

With this build complete I will only be on the lookout for one more bicycle in the foreseeable future, which will be another British frame of the era that is both perfectly my size and has all of the features for a classic 3-speed SA build.

Cheers!

-Gregory

Nice bike! The track bike you could ride to the race, flip the wheel, remove the brake and race. Fenders for training. (I've chatted bikes with an older English man who used to grass track race on a similar bike. Grass track racing - cheap track racing that can be done anywhere.)

And those lugs! I've been hearing about the Nervex Professionals a lot recently but hadn't seen them yet. If I knew bout them and they were an option, they'd be on my Mooney. (It has the far more prosaic short point Nervex that the lugs of my Fuji Pro were a close copy of.)
Likes For 79pmooney: