View Single Post
Old 12-05-21, 01:43 PM
Maelochs

Bikes: 2015 Workswell 066, 2017 Workswell 093, 2014 Dawes Sheila, 1983 Cannondale 500, 1984 Raleigh Olympian, 2007 Cannondale Rize 4, 2017 Fuji Sportif 1 LE

Mentioned: 144 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 7648 Post(s)
Liked 3,465 Times in 1,831 Posts
Originally Posted by Moisture
Shame you bothered to give advice without even checking my previous posts.

110mm is stock. Actually, I read somewhere that stock on this bike was 120mm for the 2012 model year. Mine is a 2008.

I'll stick to 90 or maybe 100 for now.
Dude .... you would be perfectly safe as a target in a lawn-darts game ... the point never comes near you.

What is "stock" means NOTHING. The bike is too big for you to begin with. The fact that you bought a bike for someone who was three or four inches taller than you is the point.

You bought a size 54 suit with pants with a 44-inch waistline and 38-inch inseam when you wear a 42 with pants with a 36-inch waist and 32-inch inseam, and you are saying that the suit fits, .... and you are walking around with pants with a 40-inch waist belted so they are all bunched up, and dragging on the ground because they have a 36-inch inseam .... and you are saying it all fits because the original pants were bigger.

Yeah ... except The Suit (in this case the bike) Doesn't Fit, and whatever size pants it came with is irrelevant, because they are TOO BIG for You.

Anyway .... the suit came with pants which were too big, and the fact that you now have smaller pants which are still too big doesn't mean they fit. The pants are too big, the top tube is too long, and the stem is too long.

Also, you were looking for bars with less reach. Sorry to break the news but the stem is between the top tube and the bars ..... so if you need bars with less reach, you get The Same Effect with a shorter stem.

You have admitted the bike is too long, yet you cannot see that making it shorter will make it shorter.

(By the way, I noticed who in one post you could only ride for 20-30 minutes without pain, and when people pointed out that riding a bike isn't supposed to hurt, in one post you suddenly tripled your riding time. Did you think no one would notice?)

Whatever. keep on riding.
Likes For Maelochs: