Old 08-25-21, 10:51 AM
carpediemracing 

Bikes: Tsunami road bikes, Dolan DF4 track

Mentioned: 36 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 385 Post(s)
Liked 180 Times in 102 Posts
So overall successful recon trip. I realized that unless I flat I won't need extra wheels (I have really two sets of primary wheels but only use one pair at a time), I'm not sophisticated enough to change gearing all the time, and really it's just water and sitting stuff (chairs etc). I think that with with a small backpack with immediate needs (glasses for racing, for example), a cooler, and an awning chair, I'll be good. Allen wrenches, lockring tool, chainwhip, a couple rings and cogs, and my 15mm ratcheting box wrench and I'm good.

TTown has a permanent tent in the infield, a lot of lawn chairs, and rails all over. No stand necessary with the rails, you just hang your saddle on one and do whatever.

I think if I was doing open track to experiment with stuff, then I'd want a wagon with wheels, maybe different bars/stems, different helmets, tools, etc. I got there in time for open track but I was a bit zonked from the drive so I just rolled around the track, no experimenting. But for a night of novice level racing I don't need stuff to work on the bike.
"...during the Lance years, being fit became the No. 1 thing. Totally the only thing. It’s a big part of what we do, but fitness is not the only thing. There’s skills, there’s tactics … there’s all kinds of stuff..." Tim Johnson