View Single Post
Old 04-24-22, 09:02 PM
tallbikeman

Bikes: Modified 26 inch frame Schwinn Varsity with 700c wheels and 10 speed cassette hub. Ryan Vanguard recumbent. 67cm 27"x1 1/4" Schwinn Sports Tourer from the 1980's. 1980's 68cm Nishiki Sebring with 700c aero wheels, 30 speeds, flat bar bicycle.

Mentioned: 12 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 131 Post(s)
Liked 141 Times in 102 Posts
Your Douze is a very competent cargo hauling bike. I own a cycle truck bicycle with 26" rear wheel and 20" front wheel. A lot can be hauled on a cycle truck but your Dutch style cargo bike is even better. My cycle truck and your cargo bike both suffer from really being unable to put it on public transit. Lately I have seen some Dutch style cargo bikes with electric assist. I own a RAD City e-bike and it has been a real eye opener as to how real world useful an e-bike is. If I was to purchase another pure cargo bike I would opt to have it electric assist. I used my cycle truck for over 20 years then the frame broke. It saved us many gas buying dollars going grocery shopping over the years. Keep up the good work riding your great looking cargo bike.