View Single Post
Old 08-07-21, 03:57 PM
fishboat

Bikes: Lemond '01 Maillot Jaune, Lemond '02 Victoire, Lemond '03 Poprad, Lemond '03 Wayzata DB conv(Poprad), '79 AcerMex Windsor Carrera Professional(pur new), '88 GT Tequesta(pur new), '01 Bianchi Grizzly, 1993 Trek 970 DB conv, Trek 8900 DB conv

Mentioned: 12 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 759 Post(s)
Liked 810 Times in 471 Posts
Originally Posted by SpectrumTi
Thank you for all the helpful responses. I took down a 2003 Zurich that was in nice shape for $550. It will get me over several humps in the next six months. First, a family vacation in August in a cycling friendly spot. It would cost at least $250 to rent a road bike there. Second, training for and completing a 150 mile MS ride in late September with a buddy of mine who has MS. Priceless. Third, a bike to use on my trainer while I wait for the repair work. When that’s done, I can give the bike to one of my teenagers. Whichever one it fits best.
I think you'll enjoy the Zurich. I have a Lemond Maillot Jaune(2001, same frame as the Zurich with Dura-ace group) and a Lemond Victoire (2002 titanium, Ultegra), both with carbon forks, both running the same tires(28mm Panaracer GK slicks), both running H Plus Son Archetype wheels and it's not easy telling them apart on a ride. Both are very fast, comfortable bikes and fun to ride.