Old 12-28-21, 01:25 PM
livedarklions
Tragically Ignorant

Bikes: Serotta Atlanta; 1994 Specialized Allez Pro; Giant OCR A1; SOMA Double Cross Disc; 2022 Allez Elite mit der SRAM

Mentioned: 62 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 8186 Post(s)
Liked 9,098 Times in 5,054 Posts
Originally Posted by IBJoel
As Advocacy & Safety is one of our smaller forums already, I don't know that splitting it up is necessarily the answer
Originally Posted by StanSeven
Plus members will likely post similar things in both without distinguishing.
Originally Posted by Korina
That's probably because it takes a particular mindset to do what they do. I don't know if there are that many people wanting to talk about advocacy either; hence this thread. I just hope they find it.
Originally Posted by bbbean
Maybe we need a "something bad happened to me and I need attention" subforum.

Maybe the way to save A&S is to go the other direction--stick all the crash dissections, which are clearly the worst the forum has to offer and, for me, by far the most off-putting things people post, into their own sticky thread (like the helmet thread), or their own subforum (like VC). Either way, that strategy seems to tamp down these repetitive fights that clearly alienate people from discussing anything constructive.

To me, advocacy AND safety are really more about structural issues rather than people's individual riding habits. Right now, the way the forum is structured, it's just a bunch of people arguing that "other people get hurt because they don't ride like I do".

I lied a little bit there, there's another bunch of people who argue that every bad thing in the world can be attributed to a driver using a cell phone. Maybe cell phones can get their own sticky complaint thread.

Last edited by livedarklions; 12-28-21 at 01:29 PM.