View Single Post
Old 02-21-22, 03:47 PM
staehpj1

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1251 Post(s)
Liked 756 Times in 561 Posts
The reliability of something like a kindle paper white is pretty close to that of a paper book. Battery life is really good at something like 10 weeks for 1/2 hour per day of reading. Even if you read a lot you can go a ways between charging. Most of my reading on tour has gone to audio books on my phone though. I do have a bible app on the phone, but to be honest have not used it on tour. I don't think I'd go back to carrying paper books on tour myself. I can see the desire to physically turn pages and the desire for the feel of a papper book, but doubt the notion that there is much more reliability or that battery life is much of an issue on something like a kindle paper white.

If you definitely want a paper bible, I'd suggest getting one and putting it in a heavy duty ziplock bag. I am a weight weenie, but the mini one would be hard on my old eyes. Maybe a full sized new testament? But I'd really consider a kindle though especilly if you will carry one or more other books. Certainly easier on the eyes than a mini version of a paper one I'd think.

Last edited by staehpj1; 02-21-22 at 03:52 PM.
Likes For staehpj1: