Been Around Awhile

Bikes: Vaterland and Ragazzi

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 12 Post(s)
Liked 1,536 Times in 1,045 Posts
Originally Posted by raqball
You're missing the point..

Who are you going to collect from if you are seriously injured, incapacitated long term or paralyzed? You and your family will suffer massive financial setbacks and losses due to medical bills, loss of work wages etc.. That $200 or so camera could dissolve all that financial loss quite easily..

I agree that people should also have life insurance but not just because they cycle. Life insurance is cheap and can help cover funeral costs and leave some left for the family bills.
Presumably your own medical, auto or life insurance policies will cover such expenses.

Can you point out some reference for many or any cyclists (or their survivors) who have easily collected healthy sums of money only because the cyclist had the foresight to have a helmet or bicycle mounted camera capture a license plate number of a negligent driver with sufficient means or insurance to reimburse the cyclist/family for massive financial setbacks and losses due to medical bills, loss of work wages etc.? Sounds like a sales pitch based on wishful thinking.

Also I suggest you look up personal insurance for medical expenses as well as life insurance policies. Such policies (to include your own automobile insurance which may cover injuries while bicycling) do not have to be written with a bare bones minimum or zero payout.