View Single Post
Old 01-16-23, 12:48 AM
jaxgtr

Bikes: Trek Domane SLR 7 AXS, Trek CheckPoint SL7 AXS, Trek Emonda ALR AXS, Trek FX 5 Sport

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 763 Post(s)
Liked 1,731 Times in 1,008 Posts
Originally Posted by classic carl
My first ride of 2023 didn't go as planned. I developed a cut sidewall on my rear (tubeless) tire after only 13 miles on New Year's Day. Fortunately, It was a slow leak and I was only .7 miles from my car. I was able to ride back to it.
I spend the winter in Florida and only bring one bike with me. I did bring a couple of new tires with me because the pair on the bike had about 2,100 miles on them, but no sealant. I just had them rotated and re-sealed before I left PA.
I went to a local shop in Sebring and they installed and sealed the new tire while I waited.
The 4 rides since then have all been at least 35 miles, which is my norm. Below is my winter ride, a 2002 Klein Quantum with the Plum Crazy paint job, that I bought new. I'm thinking about hanging a new 11 speed drivetrain on it when I get back home in the spring. I can't decide whether to stay with silver components or go with black. I'm leaning towards black, but the silver would look more original. Any thoughts?

Always love the color of this bike. I think you will be hard pressed to find silver in 11 speed, but I think they black or dark grey would be much easier to locate and would look nice on this bike.