View Single Post
Old 09-13-21, 01:17 AM
Sardines

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 102 Post(s)
Liked 55 Times in 48 Posts
Well Brommies are solid folding bikes and we had a family of M6s for over 8 years for shorter commutes and transport. The compactness of the fold, the simplicity of the screw clamp lock for joints, easy wheels make it a nice city bike. They've refined it over the years, while keeping the bike essentially the same folding design. They ride quite comfortably, if a bit twitchy in steering. and are a little on the heavy side, especially when you put in rack and mud guards etc. I also had a Dahon which was less elegant but worked well.
It was only when Tern came out with their elegant OCL joints, adjustable cockpit and even bigger wheeled (20-27.5"), that we switched completely away. There was no need for his/her bikes, because the Verge could be quickly adjusted to all our sizes quickly. And they are of comparable weight to the Brommie, but ride much more comfortably, with a more gears to fit the conditions. LIke every other brand Tern bikes are not without downsides like the chain facing outside, without a chain guard for grease mess, larger folded dimensions, and the welds look ugly compared to the brazing of Brommies.
Originally Posted by MAK
Okay. I'm a bit disappointed that there were 155 views as of today regarding my 'Brompton Parts' thread with zero responses. I thought that I posed legitimate questions.

Never-the-less, I did go ahead and purchased the British Racing Green M6R after more research online, through emails and talking with some local mechanics that I trust. I'm really happy and look forward to many miles ahead. I am spending time watching a lot of You Tube videos and learning the intricacies of Bromptons.

I'm absolutely sure that I'll have questions and comments for the forum and hopefully I'll get better/some/any responses now that I'm officially in the fold (pun intended ).

Take care and be well.