Old 08-27-15, 06:44 PM
stlcowboyfan

Bikes: 2014 Fuji SST 1.3 Frame set build

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by on the path
I'm looking at the 30mm Rouleur Clinchers. They're at a good price right now and I like what I'm reading about them. On paper they sound great.

Anybody have experience, positive or negative, regarding owning and/or riding Boyd wheels? Any feedback as far as dealing directly with Boyd?

I sent a very specific email to them about 24 hours ago with no response. I'm sure they are very busy and I'd not call them unresponsive at this point. I'm very serious about checking them out.

Any thoughts? Thanks!
I had a set of their 30mm Rouleur Clinchers on my Trek last year. They were a huge improvement from the (I'm guessing Alex rims) that came on my 1.2. They look good and I got a lot of compliments. Definitely climbed better. The freewheel is pretty loud...but I like that kind of thing. I wish I hadn't gotten rid of my stock wheels, because I would have put them back on the Trek when I sold it and kept the Boyd's. Only thing that would've made them better is if they were wide wheels...but then, I guess they would have been Altamonts, lol.