View Single Post
Old 02-17-21, 06:05 PM
surak

Bikes: Specialized Roubaix, Canyon Inflite AL SLX, Ibis Ripley AF, Priority Continuum Onyx, Santana Vision, Kent Dual-Drive Tandem

Mentioned: 20 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 878 Post(s)
Liked 726 Times in 436 Posts
Originally Posted by PDKL45
Okay, that's a valid point. I don't have any experience with indoor stuff at all--I have an old exercise bike without any smart bits at home--but I've been seeing lots of virtual rides on Strava this winter and the idea of Zwift is quite appealing right now. I guess I'm a bit out of the loop? I had been vaguely aware of the peloton bikes, but I had assumed their screens were for zwift or Youtube or whatever until my wife told me it was an aerobics class thing.
I've never used Peloton, so I only know secondhand that they provide a variety of classes meant to be done on-bike or simply watching their screen for stuff like yoga. Some classes are actually cycling-focused, at least it sounds that way from what DC Rainmaker wrote. But yeah, I prefer pretending to be riding somewhere, instead of sharing a virtual room with other sweaty people, so I partake in platforms like Rouvy and Zwift instead.
Likes For surak: