View Single Post
Old 09-01-12, 09:19 PM
photogravity
Hopelessly addicted...

Bikes: 1949 Hercules Kestrel, 1950 Norman Rapide, 1970 Schwinn Collegiate, 1972 Peugeot UE-8, 1976 Raleigh Sports, 1977 Raleigh Sports, 1977 Jack Taylor Tandem, 1984 Davidson Tandem, 2010 Bilenky "BQ" 650B Constructeur Tandem, 2011 Linus Mixte

Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked 10 Times in 9 Posts
Rachel and I managed to arrange a ride with our friend Katie today. As we were leaving the house, she rang to let me know that she had a flat on her bike and that she would be a few minutes late. Once she arrived at the train station, Katie asked if we wanted to go on our ride or on one or her rides. Well we opted to take her ride, which consisted of some of the largest hills we've yet to ride on the tandem. I'm getting pretty good at attacking hills these days, but riding the tandem on these was a lot of work! As we were nearing the top of the big climb we, unfortunately, ended up with a flat on the rear of the tandem. Fortunately, once we got to the top of the mountain, we ended up taking a little break and recharged for a bit. Once underway again, we hammered down the mountain and rode into the valley where there are some rollers, a couple of which we were able to power up without even shifting. (Note to self, get the freakin' front derailleur fixed so it will get onto the big ring.)

In any case, this ride, though very strenuous, ended up being pretty fun. We even stayed dry for the entirety of the ride, which we cannot say about last weeks ride!

Gathland Loop - 1 by Sallad Rialb, on Flickr

Gathland Loop - 3 by Sallad Rialb, on Flickr

Gathland Loop - 4 by Sallad Rialb, on Flickr

Gathland Loop - 5 by Sallad Rialb, on Flickr

Gathland Loop - 6 by Sallad Rialb, on Flickr

Gathland Loop - 2 by Sallad Rialb, on Flickr

Gathland Loop - 9 by Sallad Rialb, on Flickr

Gathland Loop - 10 by Sallad Rialb, on Flickr