View Single Post
Old 09-02-12, 03:44 PM
photogravity
Hopelessly addicted...

Bikes: 1949 Hercules Kestrel, 1950 Norman Rapide, 1970 Schwinn Collegiate, 1972 Peugeot UE-8, 1976 Raleigh Sports, 1977 Raleigh Sports, 1977 Jack Taylor Tandem, 1984 Davidson Tandem, 2010 Bilenky "BQ" 650B Constructeur Tandem, 2011 Linus Mixte

Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked 10 Times in 9 Posts
Playtime For Peugeot

Today, rather than head north, I headed south into Virginia to scout out some new places to ride. The weather was overcast but pretty humid because of the storms pushing through from Isaac. The route I took southward consisted of mostly dirt/gravel roads which were quite rough for the tires I'm running on the Peugeot, 700x28C (28-622), but actually measure 26mm wide when checked with a caliper. In any case, I stayed the course and rode into Purcellville to take a couple pictures of Velo Classique and then to grab a bite to eat at the local diner. The length of the ride was 33.5 miles with 1359 feet of ascent over the ride.

As I was eating, some light rain pushed in, so as I got back onto the bicycle, I was happy that a few miles of the ride were going to be on the W&OD Trail which is mostly covered with greenery and would help keep me dry. Fortunately as I was getting off the trail, there wasn't really any rain and I continued pushing northward toward home, though the skies were growing darker as the ride progressed. A bit north of Waterford VA, it began raining and became progressively heavier as I got closer to Lovettsville. By the time the ride was over, I was pretty soaked, but in pretty good spirits having explored some new places where I can do more rides in the future.

As an aside, this is the second ride I've taken on the Peugeot since I put a drop bar back onto the bicycle. I'll repeat what I said before: I like the new setup a lot - enough that I may pop for a bar-end shifter to replace the twist shifter. I also think the headset needs to be adjusted a bit as the front-end is a bit floppy, thought that may be due to the heavy dyno/brake hub installed on the bike. Perhaps a steering stabilizer will work too...

Playtime For Peugeot - 1 by Sallad Rialb, on Flickr

Playtime For Peugeot - 2 by Sallad Rialb, on Flickr

Playtime For Peugeot - 3 by Sallad Rialb, on Flickr

Playtime For Peugeot - 4 by Sallad Rialb, on Flickr

Playtime For Peugeot - 5 by Sallad Rialb, on Flickr

Playtime For Peugeot - 6 by Sallad Rialb, on Flickr

Playtime For Peugeot - 7 by Sallad Rialb, on Flickr

Playtime For Peugeot - 8 by Sallad Rialb, on Flickr

Playtime For Peugeot - 9 by Sallad Rialb, on Flickr

Playtime For Peugeot - 10 by Sallad Rialb, on Flickr

Last edited by photogravity; 09-02-12 at 06:56 PM. Reason: ride length and climb info added