View Single Post
Old 09-02-12, 06:51 PM
photogravity
Hopelessly addicted...

Bikes: 1949 Hercules Kestrel, 1950 Norman Rapide, 1970 Schwinn Collegiate, 1972 Peugeot UE-8, 1976 Raleigh Sports, 1977 Raleigh Sports, 1977 Jack Taylor Tandem, 1984 Davidson Tandem, 2010 Bilenky "BQ" 650B Constructeur Tandem, 2011 Linus Mixte

Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked 10 Times in 9 Posts
Originally Posted by JJScaliger
Nice pictures everyone! Cool peugeot photogravity.

I rode my Kelly 62.24 miles today for my September metric century. I did about 7 miles on dirt roads. A brief excursion into CT and back. Elevation gain 1342' and a 16.5 mph average. Pretty respectable on 32mm!

I know it looks like a stone wall but this is the foundation of an old building by the side of the road in CT.
Thanks JJScaliger. That old Peugeot takes the Frankenbike concept to a whole new level, with an 8-speed Sturmey-Archer IGH and drum brakes. It's a fun ride now the Porteur bar is no longer on it and I can ride it comfortably on longer road rides.

BTW, as usual, you've got some great pictures posted. It seems you actually take time to compose the pictures, unlike me, as I'm always in too big a hurry to compose most of my pictures.

So what's the story with the Kelly bicycle? I never heard of the marque before you mentioned it in one of your previous posts and was surprised to discover they are the same ones that make the Kelly Take Offs.