View Single Post
Old 08-15-22, 06:49 AM
Road Fan

Bikes: 1980 Masi, 1984 Mondonico, 1984 Trek 610, 1980 Woodrup Giro, 2005 Mondonico Futura Leggera ELOS, 1967 PX10E, 1971 Peugeot UO-8

Mentioned: 49 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1858 Post(s)
Liked 664 Times in 506 Posts
I recall Torelli selling several other brands: Mondonico as we have said, as well Guerciotti. I recall there may have been others, but I don’t recall exactly. We had a LBS here in Ann Arbor which carried Torelli, but he had not studied the company and was willing to let me sit and read the catalog. Clearly he would order anything I asked him to, but did not in my recollection display any frames.

Until this thread I never saw information released by Torelli which indicated that some Torelli-branded bikes were made by Mondonico. It was amazing to me howThe Torelli catalogs usually contained a geometry chart for Torelli road bikes and another for Mondonico bikes. My recollection was that they were the same or nearly so. More supposition, but this suggested to me that at least there is an understanding with Mondonico, permitting Torelli to direct Contract Builders A through Z to “Please follow the attached Geometry Chart.”