SoSmellyAir
Method to My Madness

Bikes: Trek FX 2, Cannondale Synapse, Cannondale CAAD4, Santa Cruz Stigmata GRX

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1948 Post(s)
Liked 1,472 Times in 1,020 Posts
Originally Posted by bikeamateur70
... My knowledge about bike geometry is not that good. Is the "stack" measurements the most important to look for when finding the most upright riding position? I compared Trek Domane, Cannondale Synapse and Canyon Endurace because those models will be the easiest to get hold of in my part of Scandinavia, please check the attached screenshot. To me there seem to be little difference between these bike frames, am I right?
For a more upright posture, looking for a higher stack to reach ratio. Among the 3 bikes you posted the Cannondale Synapse would have the highest stack to reach ratio. In addition, please see below ...

Originally Posted by BTinNYC
Those are 3 of the bike specifications I seriously looked over. I bought the Endurace because it was the only one available at the time.

The handlebars come set up relatively high and I kept them that way. It is the most comfortable bike I've ever ridden. No doubt the other 2 are also superb.
In addition to the stack to reach ratio, we also need to consider the maximum spacer height under the stem. On my (now two generation old) Cannondale Synapse this number is 55 mm, but on a Canyon Endurace it is only 37.5 mm. This is a significant difference.