View Single Post
Old 04-11-23, 05:29 AM
yabba235

Bikes: Vanhawk, belt drive, Alfine11 di2, sram apex hrd, madone handlebar and custom infinity-style saddle

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked 6 Times in 4 Posts
My '50 dream bike - Vanhawks

Hi !I wanted to show off my bike, which I bought for my 50th - I bought it earlier but that's what I tell my wife - it's no longer produced Canadian carbon vanhawks. I changed it a bit - changed the factory brakes to hydraulic apex, changed the handlebars to a carbon trek madone - I don't use the lower grip at all but it doesn't bother me.
As a gear, I replaced the nuvinci with a lighter Japanese Alfine 11 electronic di2 version to conveniently change gears with buttons - I had to print the button housing . I changed the tires to wider 35's and had to change the fenders as well. I was still looking for the right saddle - unfortunately I can't buy a used infinity anywhere and the original is too expensive (with shipping costs to Poland). So I made a copy of it on a 3d printer (PA12+CF5 reinforced with glass fiber) - it's not ideal, but I have problems with my spine (Scoliosis) and I need an anatomical saddle. I tried the Korean Huan saddle but it didn't suit me.
So much for my jubilee bike
Add pics when i get more posts.
Likes For yabba235: