KonAaron Snake 
Fat Guy on a Little Bike

Bikes: Two wheeled ones

Mentioned: 42 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1254 Post(s)
Liked 345 Times in 174 Posts
Originally Posted by FBinNY
Yes, it most definitely is a dance. We have an "adversarial" legal system, where the assumption is that truth and fairness are the outcome of a best effort tug of war. That may be true, but the key players (the attorneys on both sides) tend to be the only winners since they're the only ones playing. The various parties are strictly sideliners or bit players, and while there may eventually be justice, it won't be swift or cheap.
In my case the Doctor/hospital definitely won more than anyone else did by the measurement of having done less for more. The attorneys were paid decently, but they had to work for what they did...and I would have gotten less money without them. They earned their cut. The doctor/hospital getting more money for a narrative than they got for combined MRIs, X-rays, visits, physical therapy and an emergency room stay definitely reached obscene, inappropriate levels. I find it hard to believe that they aren't subject to any cap at all when they should be compelled to testify like anyone else. Apparently I should have chosen my doctor based on market pricing of depositions.

Last edited by KonAaron Snake; 05-22-16 at 03:06 PM.