Old 09-24-21, 01:03 PM
masi61

Bikes: Puch Marco Polo, Saint Tropez, Masi Gran Criterium

Mentioned: 25 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1163 Post(s)
Liked 442 Times in 315 Posts
What’s my rabbit hole for cycling?

The answer for me is whatever tech I’m trying to optimize: currently I guess you could say it is in the pairings of comparable rabbit holes that diverge slightly.

Open tubular clinchers vs tubeless (rim brake) clinchers.

Getting real perfectionistic about recording exact tire pressures and setting them before each ride.

Foot comfort. Always wearing clean cycling specific socks. And have great comfortable cycling shoes, insoles and pedals too because life is too short to have sore feet!

Rebuilding my Dura Ace 9000 & 9100 pedals as perfectly as I can (which at times is most imperfect, but I often times will mess things up before I figure them out fully.

Campaigning 2 road bikes in a rigorous rotation….

that’s all I can think of now but when I go back to the UniGlide drivetrain era - I could expand into a much deeper rabbit hole. I mean there was 6 speed, 7 speed, 8,9 & 10 speed innovations that I compulsively had to work through most all of them (I sort of skipped Shimano 8 speed doing SunTour Accushift 8 speed instead) in order to experience the full weight of all the evolutionary innovations. I was just reading the Rivendell "blahg" today where the main man was talking about bringing back 7 speed for its simplicity.

Last edited by masi61; 09-24-21 at 03:43 PM.