View Single Post
Old 06-21-22, 12:29 PM
Andy_K 

Bikes: Yes

Mentioned: 525 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3230 Post(s)
Liked 3,868 Times in 1,439 Posts
Today I made a most significant ride on my Centurion Clunker. I rode it to work! That may not sound especially significant, but this was the first time I've biked in to the office since March 5, 2020. I used to bike to work all the time. I also used to come in to the office all the time, but even coming into the office hasn't happened much over the past two years, I've only been allowed in the building for about six months. Something always seems to come up whenever I think I'm going to do it, and as usual things came up this morning but I finally decided enough is enough and I rode in anyway.

Here's the Centurion parked in the combination bike parking/smoking area. There are a couple of guys just off camera to the left taking a smoke break and wondering why I'm taking a picture of my bike.

I rode it back to the tire store yesterday to pick up the car I had previously reported dropping off. That brought me to 16.5 miles. Now switching to kilometers, which is how I've intended to measure my goal all along, I can add the 16.8 km from this morning's commute, bringing my total to 43.4 km. Depending on the route I choose to get home, I should finish the day just over 60 kilometers.