View Single Post
Old 12-02-22, 08:53 AM
GhostRider62

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2333 Post(s)
Liked 2,097 Times in 1,314 Posts
Originally Posted by Desert Ryder
All cleared for surgery. It's going to be a cervical spinal fusion like this animation.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0YF0e0CZ_v8
Good luck and best wishes on your ACDF surgery.

C3-7 are hosed in my neck and I have some central cord impingement.

Sometimes the pain is unreal.

As perhaps a funny story that only another nerve pain sufferer could get. When I busted 10 bones in a bike accident, two young Doctors in the trauma center came in the night. The nurse had a cart with syringes and vials at the ready. They whispered to each other as they put on gloves that looked like friction gloves a contractor would wear. The little Doc says, we just need to inspect your wound (the humerus and elbow were broken in many pieces and the humerus had popped thru the skin a bit). I'm like.....ya, right. I am stupid but not dumb. I knew they were going to reset it. I had had to move to untangle in the wreck, it was 90 degrees going the wrong way. So it was a mess just waiting 24 hours for a consultant surgeon to come to the hospital. Anyways, after resetting it, I was violently shivering and shaking. Then, I apologized to the Doc for being a whimp. Truth is? Nothing like the pain I had the other day from my neck. I'd take that arm pain once a year if I could get rid of the nerve pain. So, I hope you get relief from your surgery. All the Docs try to get you to wait for surgery. I think that is wrong. Maybe just a way to ration medical care.
Likes For GhostRider62: