Old 06-28-21, 08:37 PM
carpediemracing 

Bikes: Tsunami road bikes, Dolan DF4 track

Mentioned: 36 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 385 Post(s)
Liked 180 Times in 102 Posts
Originally Posted by big john
Sorry to read this. You have people who love you. "Illegitimi non carborundum" as they say.
Originally Posted by kensuf
Sorry to read this Aki. I also understand exactly how you feel.
Thanks. Luckily for me my family's been my shelter. Both the Missus and Junior are incredible. The store manager (my boss) has been incredibly supportive, at one point forcing me to take a week off, with pay, even though I had no time available.

Today one of the guys that got moved to a different location came back. It's a guy that I recommended (to a twice-removed superior, area manager) to be promoted from below me to above me, i.e. skip me. The area manager spoke with the store manager, and both of them wanted to make sure I'd be okay if that happened. I felt it was the right thing to do, told them such, and the promotion happened. So I obviously have some respect for the guy, and having him come back to the store was nice. Only been one day so far but I came home smiling so that was good.

Having said that, I'm definitely a different person now than I was two years ago. In fact I would hazard a guess that the new riders who saw me at the spring series would consider me generally a pretty big jerk. I think any compliments / thanks came from the ones who have known me for decades, and with whom I have substantial emotional equity. Anyone judging me from 2021 alone.. I know I wouldn't be impressed with myself.
"...during the Lance years, being fit became the No. 1 thing. Totally the only thing. It’s a big part of what we do, but fitness is not the only thing. There’s skills, there’s tactics … there’s all kinds of stuff..." Tim Johnson