TMonk
Not actually Tmonk

Bikes: road, track, mtb

Mentioned: 140 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2640 Post(s)
Liked 3,153 Times in 1,660 Posts
Originally Posted by gsteinb
Is this a place to ask cycling questions too (he asks rhetorically)?

Sold my 202 tubulars. Started pondering that if there was a 2022 season for me it might be a return to mass start road in the 55+ category. I blame CDR since he posted about Anthony who was a guy I could race with. I recall coming around him after following his lead out train for like the last 5 laps of the CT state championships in walnut park and winning the race with him him winning the state championship title.

Anyway, my delusions of this being a good idea aside, what wheel might I do such a thing on? I've raced on zipp tubulars for about forever, but I don't have the patience to deal with that anymore.

and what happened to ridethecliche ?
I have some Novatech R5 as my race wheel and they're great. Not a boutique brand but a nice, high value wheel. Several other racers around here (Masters guys) race them and like them too. They're 50 mm deep and 18.3/26 internal/external width, so a bit modern in that they're kinda wide. Gives a nice ride. Quick Release and not tubeless, so no funny stuff there. I run them with latex tubes and fast tires and they are quite nice. 1650g so not too heavy either.

They are discontinued but still readily available from other vendors.