Old 07-01-21, 10:40 AM
burnthesheep
Newbie racer

Bikes: Propel, red is faster

Mentioned: 34 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1575 Post(s)
Liked 1,569 Times in 974 Posts
I had gotten this Trinity thru Pro's Closet. Either the prior owner or them didn't assemble the front end correctly. I took apart the front end to inspect and measure some stuff before buying some more fit hardwares to try some aero testing ideas out and found they never installed the barrel spacers where the stack spacers mount to the base bar.

Failing to do so pulls the bolt/washer up into the basebar too hard and too much. So I caught that before it became a problem.

I bought some off-the-shelf shims and tilt blocks for it. Going to do some aero testing to see how my body works out with current low stack versus a solid extra inch of stack. Then I'll be tilting the bars up more to get right at the 10cm but putting the pads closer to them so the effectiveness of that is optimized. I'll try as-is (less tilt) against the max tilt. Then for both stack and tilt increment changes to optimal.

Found a local 1/4 mile long perfectly flat circle loop in Cary. Just head out there real early on a weekend and get in a few laps with the Notio.