Old 08-12-22, 09:43 AM
jgwilliams

Bikes: Dolan Tuono 105 Di2, custom built 653 and 531 bikes with frames by Barry Witcomb, Sonder Dial XT mountain bike and a Brompton folding bike.

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 298 Post(s)
Liked 141 Times in 100 Posts
Originally Posted by njkayaker
You sure do have lots of sensors!

You should simplify stuff and get a magnetless wheel sensor (and not use all the others, except for the cadence one).
Yes, I probably will in due course. They're a bit expensive and I can't afford to just go out and buy them on a whim. I got the Topeak one at a bargain price and it's been quite good up to now. I have a spare cadence sensor because it was ultra cheap and turned out to be not a very good one. I managed to pick up a genuine Garmin one to replace it on Ebay quite cheaply. But the two Garmin magnet-less sensors I have are for the mountain bike, as I find the combined ones can get knocked out of place quite easily during some vigorous downhill activity. I once did a really good time (at least, it felt like it) on a local trail only to find that the wheel magnet had been knocked askew and, once again, the Garmin had registered 0 mph for most of it.