Old 09-28-22, 01:25 PM
big john

Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 8183 Post(s)
Liked 8,840 Times in 4,390 Posts
Originally Posted by WhyFi
My comment: **** him.

Either your front riders would have been at the intersection first or at the same time, but to the right; your group would have had the right of way, regardless. Slowing and then proceeding, when the right of way is clearly yours, is plenty respectful. I would bet that he would have pulled you guys even if your lead riders came to a full stop but then proceeded through as a group. He'd also probably be pissed to be behind you and have every single one of you come to an individual and complete stop. He just wanted to flex on you spandex-wearing, second-class road users.
There are 98 cities in Los Angeles county and many of them have their own police departments. If not they contract the Sherriff dep't for law enforcement.
Each of these departments can enforce the way they choose, usually depending on complaints by locals. There are training rides which go through cites where the traffic laws are enforced much stricter than other areas. If enough riders piss off enough drivers the cops will hear about it.

As for groups going through stop signs, a group is not a single entity. If a group of cars tried to go through as one they could be ticketed. I know, it's silly for bikes but according to the law, each bike should stop at a stop sign. Most cops are not going to write a group but it has happened here.