buy my bikes

Bikes: my very own customized GUNNAR CrossHairs

Mentioned: 19 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 519 Post(s)
Liked 428 Times in 249 Posts
FS: circa 1990 Specialized Rockhopper

SOLD!

I know what you're thinking.... another Specialized TIG welded in Taiwan trail bike? Why yes it is! What makes this one "special"? It's too small for me, but maybe the right size for you! And if I can get this sold, I might be able to pick up a local(ish) mid '80s StumpJumper. Or perhaps my wife will let me "invest" in a Florida Man frameset! I can tell you really don't care, so let's get on with it.....

Asking Price: $250 plus shipping. This is really quite negotiable. I'm not in love with this price. Offer less or offer more - we can work out something.... especially on the "more" side....

Color: Red. Everybody knows, red means "FAST!!!".

Size: ST: 47cm CtC / 50cm CtT; TT: 59cm CtC; HT: 11cm CtC (wheel size, 26in.... of course)

Shifter & cassette: 7 speed Shimano stuff
As you can see in the images, I have the bike built up with a quill adapter and threadless stem, and slight riser bars. If you want the original bars and stem, I can include them, or swap them in. Lemme know!
I have a Fuji seatpost installed, and it's maxed out. I might have a longer black one if this looks short relative to the bars for you.
Pedals: pricing includes these Crank Bros. Mallets. If you don't want these pedals, or you want some flat / platform pedals, I can dig up some options out of my 'box o' crap'.... wait, I mean my 'exquisitely curated parts bin'.
Saddle: It's a Giant bike seat, so some not quite right branding. If you don't like the looks of this one, I have a couple others.
The last image shows the state of the bike when I picked it up. I was trail building about a year ago, and one of the guys says - "hey, you like those old bikes! come get this thing out of my garage or I'm going to throw it away". I picked it up, disassembled, polished / waxed / frame saver'd. New BB. Repack headset. Used crankset. New cables & housing. New chain. I can't recall where the tires came from. But not much wear. I've ridden it maybe twice, but my back objected. So I turned my larger purple RockHopper into my trail bike.

OK - questions? Offers? Why spend thousands to go ride in the mud when you can spend not as much?
ALBUM: https://www.bikeforums.net/g/album/27973792

Last edited by mrv; 02-12-23 at 03:51 PM. Reason: SOLD!
Likes For mrv: