View Single Post
Old 01-29-23, 02:32 PM
SpeedofLite 

Bikes: Litespeed (9); Slingshot (9); Specialized (3); Kestrel (2); Cervelo (1); FELT (1); Trek (2)

Mentioned: 39 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 436 Post(s)
Liked 3,467 Times in 999 Posts
MAFAC Cantilever Brake Part Wanted

I just acquired a first-year 1981 Specialized Stumpjumper with Mafac cantilever brakes. A part that's missing from the rear brake caliper is a straddle cable anchor pin (proper term unknown). See photos below.

This pin is a single-piece and looks like a tiny hex dumbbell with a hole through the shaft connecting the hex head ends. The hole is enlarged on the distal side to accept the head (3.73mm diam) of a straddle cable. The head on the proximal side of the shaft is just large enough for the cable to pass through. The pin shaft between the hex heads is 7.44mm long and 5.48mm in diam.

The bike came to me with the brake set up with the barrel end of a traditional brake cable being held to the "claw" of the caliper mostly by tension since the barrel was too large to fit into the caliper arm claw end opening securely.

If you have one to sell or trade, I'm your guy!

WTB: Bike World issue Jun 1974.