Old 12-14-08, 02:51 PM
High Fist Shin
Back In The Saddle

Bikes: N+1

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 87 Post(s)
Liked 8 Times in 5 Posts
Its been a while, but I finally have a couple of catches to post. The season is really winding down.

The first is a catch from a BF member in a trade, a Soma Generation. It just needed a little TLC as it was in very good condition from the start. I ended up replacing the front derailleur with a NOS Suntour Spirt because I just couldn't get the darn thing adjusted properly. It kept throwing the chain over the big ring for some reason and the cable clamp was pretty beat up. She turned out pretty nice after a good cleaning and wax:

The second is a 1985 Peugeot PH10LE from a CL seller. The former owner claims he bought it new while in college back in the mid eighties, rode it for a while then hung it in the garage where its been for many years. It appears to be all original.
The paint is great and there is no rust on the frame, but the rear derailleur is frozen. Front is good but needs adjusting. Sachs-Huret changers:

I'll post some pictures of this nice little Pug after it's cleaned up a bit. I may switch out the brake levers for an aero set I have.

Last edited by High Fist Shin; 12-16-08 at 08:16 PM.