edbikebabe
runnin' down a dream

Bikes: Turner Flux, Orbea Onix Dama.

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by pjcampbell
Lets talk about chips - It says I should have the chip ready for the swim... where the heck does it go when I swim???

They mention a water bottle to clean my feet - another something I never thought of.

Any idea roughly what a sprint (.6 miles, 20miles, and 5k in this case) should take a person in good-very good shape? 1 hour 20-30 minutes???

The chip will go around your ankle (either left or right, doesn't matter) and it will stay there for the whole race. There will be a velcro strap on it that you use to keep it attached to you. One hint, put it up a little, or it will rub when you have socks/shoes on & may cause a blister (personal experience).

If it is an open water swim, something to rinse the sand off your feet will be helpful. A small tub big enough to stick your foot in will save time & help if you are feeling uncoordinated after the swim.

That is a bit longer than a traditional sprint race (750m, 20km, 5km). A traditional sprint time could be anywhere from 1 hour to 1:15, depending on transition distances & open water vs pool swim.