Old 10-15-22, 03:55 PM
b88

Bikes: Specialized

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 145 Post(s)
Liked 54 Times in 44 Posts
Originally Posted by wolfchild
Long time ago I've given up trying to stay dry in the rain. It's an impossible task. If you wear waterproof clothing you will be soaked with sweat. If you don't wear waterproof clothing you will get soaked with rain. I just hate the feeling of wearing anything that's waterproof. My priority is to keep warm, so I layer up with fleece and merrino wool. As long as I am warm I don't mind being wet. Some higher quality fleece clothing is surprisingly effective for cold rain. If it's below freezing I layer up and also add a wind resistant vest on those very cold frigid days.

Last time I rode in the rain only about 30km wearing a gortex shell and waterproof cap, I was sweaty. It was about 20C. But given the choice in very cold wet weather, maybe I might choose the gortex route and get a little sweaty than fully drenched. As long as my butt stays dry I guess. And waterproof socks. It's the freezing fingertips that do me in every time. That and watering eyes. With a thermal cap on under the helmet covering the ears, the glasses don't stay on tight. I think goggles would work but only if I manage to find the slimmest pair.

Last edited by b88; 10-15-22 at 04:15 PM.