Old 07-27-21, 11:16 AM
burnthesheep
Newbie racer

Bikes: Propel, red is faster

Mentioned: 34 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1575 Post(s)
Liked 1,569 Times in 974 Posts
I can't decide what to do for my weeknight ride. Solo gravel, group gravel Weds, or worlds Thurs. I like our team worlds but freaking 40+ min out of town drive. And nobody really hangs afterwards. Then again, nobody hangs after group gravel Weds either.

I've been doing that stuff alone recently simply as lots of things piling up meaning riding alone I can get more volume I otherwise wouldn't. Haven't been able to ride at lunch much.

I'm bored with worlds. Route memorized, same crazy strong 1/2's always getting home first and myself 2nd or 3rd. Not enough vertical feature for my skinnier weaker butt to do much. Tried it all this year so far outside of them just not showing up.

I think gravel is the best bet to get the cross bike handling skills coming back. I'm setting PR's in there still so bike handling is better, it isn't all fitness. It just gets old riding solo.

There is some off road stuff out by my work I haven't tried. May message the team mate who lives that way to see if they want to join to try it out.