Old 12-06-21, 12:18 PM
UmneyDurak
RacingBear

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 280 Post(s)
Liked 68 Times in 36 Posts
Originally Posted by ericcox
I personally find Beats PowerBeats pros to work pretty well. At really high speeds, podcast can be a little harder to hear, but for me this is only above 30mph or so. I've never used them to summon the google assistant, though. I usually only ride with one in. If I need to have a phone conversation, I have to slow way down or stop - they're not great at filtering out wind from the microphone.

Edit to add - mine are going on 2 years old now with no hiccups. The charging case isn't great - you have to really make sure that they are inserted correctly to get them to charge.
Originally Posted by caloso
Same.
How are they with Android? They have same chip as airpod pros, which wasn't that great with my android. I rather bring that on a ride than iphone.

Originally Posted by Riveting
I had never heard the term "true wireless" until now, and I'm not exactly sure what that means, is there a partly/un-true version of wireless earbuds that have wires or something?

Are you simply asking us what wireless airbuds we're using? If so, I've ridden 99.99% of my solo rides in the past 7 years (~30k miles, 1.2k rides) with a "single" air bud in the curb side ear (previously a wired bud, but now almost always wireless, unless I forget to charge them). But I'll never use a bud during a group ride, and never ever have both buds in at the same time, that's just asking for trouble. And that's not a self-righteous opinion, it's just reality. Blocking both ears while participating in an activity where others need to communicate with you for "their" safety means you need to be able to listen, regardless of how many hours you've spent doing that foolish behavior in the past. And this goes for all the runners wearing both buds on the bike paths as well.

Currently I'm using the Bluetooth "Spoke" bud by Skull Candy, which have a ~4hr runtime, at which point I'll swap the dead bud for the other bud that's been recharging in its case. And interestingly enough, the ad for these buds says "true wireless" https://www.target.com/p/skullcandy-...s/-/A-79939026

Edit: after some research to settle my nerves about this, I see that there were buds released that had a wire connecting the two buds together, and possibly to a little shared battery or Bluetooth transceiver that wasn't on the bud itself, aka not "true wireless".
Yes without wires.
I didn't say anything about group rides, so it's just a speculation on your part.
I'll checkout Skull Candy.

Originally Posted by mstateglfr
https://www.jlab.com/collections/ear...reless-earbuds

Inexpensive option- I use these for both work and riding.

- over the ear is secure when riding.
- they plug up enough to keep wind to a minimum, but I can still hear traffic when riding. I do use a garmin varia radar light and that helps a bunch on gravel roads since I cant hear cars well between wind and gravel noise. On gravel, I dont think the ear buds effectively make me hear less, based on experience.
- talking thru them works well in a quiet environment(home office), but wind makes it tough for people to hear when I am riding and talking.
- the noise cancelling feature is totally worthless, like I am not sure if it even exists. I dont care because I dont want or need to use it. There is enough of a wind block just built into the ear pieces.
- battery life is great and the case comes with a built in usb plug so no cord is needed to charge the case.
- lots of rubber ear piece sizes come to customize fit.
- I can wear these all day without discomfort and sometimes forget they are on at home.

I got these mainly because I like the over the ear design for security while riding. Buds and Sticks are slick because they are so compact, but I dont want to chance dropping one while riding.
Looks interesting. How big is a case? From pics looks quite big.

Originally Posted by Sy Reene
I'm trying to understand why the Sony model referenced turns off ANC when the OP hits 25mph. That's a curious relationship, isn't it?
I guess? It also turns off randomly at lower speed, just at higher speed it's more consistent. So something about wind speed I guess.