Old 06-30-22, 09:07 AM
Iride01 
I'm good to go!

Bikes: Tarmac Disc Comp Di2 - 2020

Mentioned: 51 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 6199 Post(s)
Liked 4,816 Times in 3,323 Posts
I'd go for something newer than a helmet from the 1990's. Maybe the foam and other components are in perfect working order. But you won't know, even if you have a crash and survive. You'll be like me with my 11 year old Giro Interceptor that I had on when I crashed. I'll always now be wondering if a newer helmet might have prevented the severe concussion I got from my wreck along with the five months of feeling in a fog and things around me being surreal.

Personally, I'd rather just have the best head protection I can afford and no wreck at all. Knowing what I know now Having experienced a bad concussion with fractured eye orbits and inline fractures of my skull, I'd much rather imagine I'm wasting my money on helmets and not have ever had that one bad crash out of the many that weren't anything.

Is your helmet CSPC certified? They didn't require bicycle helmets sold in the USA to have that certification until March of 1999... I think. Even if it does, it's still old. The CPSC recommends replacement every 5 to 10 years.

Last edited by Iride01; 06-30-22 at 12:04 PM.
Likes For Iride01: