View Single Post
Old 10-23-05, 05:45 PM
Ceya

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by HigherGround
I love to re-read this thread. As a teenager I couldn't have cared less who won the World Series or NBA Championships. However I loved the old Winning magazines with the yellow border, and I remember when Velo News was actually printed on newspaper and folded in quarters. I learned about the Classics by following the 7-Eleven team's adventures. As nauseating as it was, I watched every second of the CBS coverage of the Tour (weekends only - this was long before OLN's daily Tour coverage)... along with the John Tesh sound track. Ah yes, when I was young and fast, and dreamed of being the next Greg LeMond, or at least the next rider to be signed by Jim Ochowicz...

I have the 7 Eleven team signatures on my old Velo News from 1986. The Citi Tour Leonard Harvey Nitz, Chris Carmicheal (this was when he came back from knee surgery and I rode with him to the hotel) Raul Alcala ( his first major international race with the team). I have Lemond and Phil Anderson also on another issue at the same race. Phil won that one. it was from Goshen NY, to Mahattan NY.

S/F<
CEYA!

Last edited by Ceya; 10-23-05 at 05:59 PM.