View Single Post
Old 08-23-21, 04:30 AM
PeteHski

Mentioned: 12 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4420 Post(s)
Liked 4,873 Times in 3,017 Posts
Originally Posted by rsbob
Must agree on this one. Yesterday was riding a backroad with a good tailwind and it pushed me, with a bit of pedaling, to 22-23 MPH for a couple of miles. I felt like Superman and a 30 year old again (am 66). From the responses to this thread, different strokes for different folks, but for me, it is a brief way to recapture a bit of my youth and enjoy the thrill of speed using my and the winds’ power. Now going down a winding downhill at the same pace as the cars is another thrill, but then I used to ski race many years ago and don’t mind taking moderate risks (skydiving and mountain climbing are out, though).
You sound very much like me, but I'm just a little younger (53). I also ski and love the thrill of speed on skis and bike. But also draw the line at skydiving and climbing - I'm scared of heights!
I see you are in Seattle. We have a ski condo over the border in Big White (haven't been in the last couple of seasons for obvious reasons!). I love that general area around Seattle, Vancouver and interior BC.
Likes For PeteHski: