View Single Post
Old 08-28-21, 07:34 PM
machinist42
mycocyclist

Bikes: 1964 Schwinn Paramount P-13 DeLuxe, 1964 Schwinn Sport Super Sport, 1972 Falcon San Remo, 1974 Maserati MT-1, 1974 Raleigh International, 1984 Lotus Odyssey, 198? Rossin Ghibli, 1990 LeMond Le Vanquer (sic), 1991 Specialized Allez Transition Pro, +

Mentioned: 23 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 910 Post(s)
Liked 822 Times in 453 Posts
Snakes On A Plane

Originally Posted by thinktubes
Strip the parts and offer the frame to a BF member for shipping+donation. You may get local interest as well. Good luck - frame shouldn't be scrapped just yet...
+1

Originally Posted by CroMo Mike
Unimaginable horrors lie under those bubbles on the top tube. Strip the parts and offer them for sale as a group or use them to add charm to an otherwise lesser frame. Road salt and weather have taken their toll. Give the frame a proper burial in the coop's dumpster and move on to other jobs.
Difficult to discern from the photos, but it may be merely, mostly, Filiform Corrosion.

I wouldn't write that frame off yet.

(I've rehabilitated and ridden worse, at least from what I can see in the pictures posted. Living and riding by the Ocean, I know most of my riders have a challenged lifespan anyway, regardless of my efforts to combat corrosion.)

Is there a Serial Number? Any remnants of a Tubing Sticker? And what does it measure? Maybe 62cm?

Last edited by machinist42; 08-28-21 at 07:52 PM. Reason: Afterthoughts.