Old 09-14-18, 11:14 AM
MegMC

Bikes: 1980 Univega Sportour Mixte, 2010 Jamis Quest remix

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 42 Post(s)
Liked 3 Times in 1 Post
Originally Posted by deux jambes
I paid $150 for a 1984 Trek 510 in nearly 100% original, and excellent condition. In the three weeks that I’ve owned it, I’ve happily clocked well over 100 very comfortable miles.

The double butted Reynolds 501 (chromium-molybdendum) frame, and Tange mangalloy fork make for a lightweight, and lively feeling ride while still absorbing enough shock from the road. The frame geometry is designed for sporty cycling, and it offers exactly just that!

My rides have been focused on 8 mile total round trip work commutes, but have also included a few leisurely rides along the river bike path with no specific destination. I’ve covered every urban road surface with out complaint, and have easily taken a few city foothills which would have been outside of my normal physical comfort zone.

Talk about one fun, and very stable feeling bike! I absolutely love it.

Near future plans definitely include fenders for winter riding, and a front rack with handlebar bag so that I can ditch my backpack. I may go with 700c wheels eventually, and I could see a possible step up from 28 to 32mm tires if that happens for a little bit of “off-road” versatility.
Love it! What tires are you currently running there?

I am thinking I would likely upgrade any frame to 700c and at least 28, maybe 32 tires since our pavement conditions can be sketchy even on bike paths.

Thanks for the feedback!