View Single Post
Old 09-22-21, 09:17 PM
Tourist in MSN

Bikes: 1961 Ideor, 1966 Perfekt 3 Speed AB Hub, 1994 Bridgestone MB-6, 2006 Airnimal Joey, 2009 Thorn Sherpa, 2013 Thorn Nomad MkII, 2015 VO Pass Hunter, 2017 Lynskey Backroad, 2017 Raleigh Gran Prix, 1980s Bianchi Mixte on a trainer. Others are now gone.

Mentioned: 47 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3426 Post(s)
Liked 1,441 Times in 1,122 Posts
That horizontal piece where your seat is attached, is that round? If so, what is the diameter? If it is a diameter that you could shim to install a 1 1/8 inch threadless high angle (~ 35 degree) stem, you could put a stem on it upwards and towards the rear. Then you could put a cut down handlebar or a one inch diameter wood dowel on it that so that it runs side to side. From that you could hang a Carradice style saddle bag.

I have a Carradice bag hanging from a stem on my road bike in the photo below, stem is shimmed to fit the seatpost, I used a painted wood dowel, put a stainless fender washer on each end so the bag straps do not slip off. In my case I put a DIY aluminum rod support under the bag but that is not necessarily needed if you have enough tire clearance below the bag.

Thinking outside the box, you can do just about anything you could possibly want to when it comes to bikes and how to hang a bag on them.
Likes For Tourist in MSN: