View Single Post
Old 02-20-22, 09:38 PM
Wattsup

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 376 Post(s)
Liked 40 Times in 35 Posts
Originally Posted by cyclezen
just a suggestion - Before going exterior wedge/cant, you might wanna try a hard shell footbed like the Superfeet, and put a 'wedge' under the inside heel area. Pronation is very common, especially as we age.
Depending on how marked it is, you might be able to deal with it with an interior heel wedge.
I actually had a supination issue in my younger days, and it's swung over to pronation. But whatever footbed you try, the base needs to be solid, not a cushion. That slight buildup under the heel is often just what's needed to align the ankle bones and eliminate slight pronation. I've been using the Superfeet Black for some years to take care of my pronation. I've found that up to a 2 degree cant can be effected on a good footbed.
You wouldn;t think that heel canting would make a difference in cycling, where the contact is at the BallOfoot - but it does.
Otherwise, if the pronation is more than mild, a podiatrist may be able to make a footbed which can fit into your cycling shoes.
Canting/wedging the cleats can be a process...
Ride On
Yuri
Thanks, I'll give it a try. My left knee is the problem knee, but actually, my right foot is more pronated than my left, and yet I have no issues with the right. I think what I have going on on that left leg is the pronation, but also my calf is more curved, bowed more than the right. I guess it'll be just trial an error.