Old 07-28-19, 05:57 PM
Bike Jedi
Banned.

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 87 Post(s)
Liked 8 Times in 8 Posts
Originally Posted by 3speed
I'm envious of the trip that you're planing, and hope you have an amazing time.
I am envious of the trip I am planning too, and hope I have an amazing time too!

I'm excited for you and hope I get to have such an adventure someday.
Nope, not some day...very soon. It's now or never. The bike will be here Tuesday, and the build will be complete within two weeks I hope, or enough of a build to get on the road successfully. If I don't go now, I never will.

So right now, I am speaking out loud about it, to get myself to commit. Get the build done, finish rounding up the last components, and then camping gear still needed, and head west from Denver. That's if I want to stay in Colorado for a while. I could just go north now, head up towards Yellowstone, and then head north west from there seeing some northern midwest states I have never seen. I don't know why, but I really want to go out towards Oregon for a while. Even if I spend the rest of the summer/fall doing Colorado and head up that way, and then try to get a room to rent up there some where for a couple of weeks/months during the rougher weather months, use that as a central place for the winter, and then move on when the weather breaks. If I did something like that, then I would head up to Alaska for next spring, and do the entire west coast down to South America, and then over to Africa from there. That's kind of dream I picked up from reading these forums, but to be honest, I would be fine with touring around the U.S. continuously for a while, and checking out national parks too.

I don't have a plan and it's just a matter of going at this point. I can't shake it from my system. If the weather is warm, I am not worried about it...I am worried about running into a dead end with weather, money, etc...and getting stuck somewhere for a while I don't want to be. If I can continually do it for less than $1k a month, stay ahead of weather, and touring/trekking as much as possible, then that is what I would like to do.

Last edited by Bike Jedi; 07-31-19 at 07:31 AM.