Old 05-04-22, 06:53 AM
Fentuz

Bikes: Dahon Jetstream p8 (sold), customized Dahon Helios x10, customzed Dahon Smooth Hound x11,customized Dahon Hammerhead 8.0 d7, Planet X Free Ranger (mullet setup 1x11), Planet X Giovanissimi 20 (1x9), Frog 52 (1x9) and Frog 48 1s

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 275 Post(s)
Liked 244 Times in 180 Posts
Originally Posted by joey buzzard
Replaced the Racers later on during the same trip in Nottingham, England with Schwalbe Kojaks, which in my opinion were junk. I got a flat on my 3km commute home from the bike shop. Also, the skinnier racing profile of these diminished the actual size of the 406 20" wheels reducing the gear inches and making the bike more jarring and less comfortable. They certainly didn't make the bike feel faster. The only thing I can say in the Kojak's favour is that these were light.

I persisted for a few weeks with the Kojaks, constantly repairing flats until while visiting a friend in a rural locale in Germany I gave up on them and replaced with some very cheap department store tyres which were clunky and nasty but better than the Kojaks because at least I wasn't fixing flats every several kilometers on average. But they were far from satisfying.
What pressure did you run? under 60PSI, you will get snake bite puncture. My wife was on 40 psi through that farm yard and puncture. Since the tyres are back to 75psi, all good and it goes through this farm yard 6 times a week.
My daughter runs them too on a frog 52 as she s training for a kid tarmac race.